GERMAN CHOCOLATE FILLING
- In medium sauce pan, combine butter, sugar, cocoa powder, and evaporated milk. Bring to a boil. Whisk until fully combined.
- In medium bowl, whisk the three egg yolks.
- To temper the eggs, pour 1/4 cup hot chocolate mixture into the eggs, whisking constantly.
- Slowly pour the remaining hot mixture into the tempered egg mixture, whisking constantly.
- Pour hot mixture back into sauce pan, on medium heat, and stir constantly for 5 minutes, until thick-like pudding.
- Remove from heat. Add coconut and vanilla. Let cool before adding to cake.